16 hours ago
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Importance of Flowchart
An algorithm is a step-by-step instructions in a sequence written in normal English. Whether these sequences can be represented diagrammatically? The answer is yes.
1. A flowchart is used to represent the sequence of operations to be performed in a pictorial form.
2. In general, a flowchart can be defined as pictorial representation of an algorithm that follows the sequence of operations.
3. Flowchart provides several symbols that correspond to different operations. For example, condition can be specified with a special symbol, output with separate symbol….etc.
NEED FOR FLOW CHART
1. As mentioned in the previous section, flowchart provides several symbols to specify the instructions.
2. Once a flowchart is drawn for a given requirements, the logic for the program can be made easy.
3. It is easy for the third party (other than programmer) to understand the logic.
4. Once the flowchart is drawn, it is very easy to implement the concept using programming languages.